From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2007 - 17:23:24 CDT

Hi,
  You'll need to download the Python libraries which directly correspond
to the Python interpreters that were compiled into VMD, if you're running
one of the standard VMD binaries:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/pythonlib/

If you wish to use your own local Python installation, you'll need
to compile VMD from source code, linked against your local Python.
Let us know if you need more help with this.