From: nunolf_at_ci.uc.pt
Date: Thu Oct 26 2006 - 11:09:03 CDT

Hi *

I have a machine with a Matrox Millenium MGA G450 DualHead graphic board,
running in a PIII dual.
I installed vmd linux opengl 1.8.5 and the -dispdev text flavour seems to work:

Info) VMD for LINUX, version 1.8.5 (August 25, 2006)
Info) http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/
Info) Email questions and bug reports to vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Info) Please include this reference in published work using VMD:
Info) Humphrey, W., Dalke, A. and Schulten, K., `VMD - Visual
Info) Molecular Dynamics', J. Molec. Graphics 1996, 14.1, 33-38.
Info) Multithreading available, 2 CPUs detected.

But if I try to run vmd in graphical mode, then monitor freezes for a second and
linux gets out of my user. Does anyone have a machine with similar
characteristics running successfully vmd?

Best,
Nuno