From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2006 - 00:10:36 CDT

Seth,
  You can change the label text size with "label textsize 2.5",
or by using the "properties" tab of the Labels window.
The font used by VMD is currently unchangeable as it is currently
hard-coded into the 3-D renderer. There isn't a label thickness
parameter, though one could probably added in a subsequent version.