From: Kenley Barrett (kenley.barrett_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 13:38:19 CDT

Dear VMD community,

I am trying to make an mpg movie out of an AMBER trajectory using VMD. I
have done this before without difficulties; however, for some reason with
this trajectory it is not working. No error messages are displayed but at
the end of the process there is no .mpg file. This is the message in the
console at the end of the movie generation process:

Info) Rendering current scene to '/tmp/plug_sim_an15_500_mid.0499.ppm' ...
Info) Rendering complete.
No frame format conversion necessary, continuing.
Converting frames to MPEG-1 video format
ppmtompeg /tmp/plug_sim_an15_500_mid.par
Cleaning generated data, frames, and encoder parameter files
Movie generation complete.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Kenley Barrett