From: Eugen Leitl (eugen_at_leitl.org)
Date: Mon May 22 2006 - 07:03:57 CDT

On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 11:33:17AM +0200, Marc Baaden wrote:

> our stereo CRT monitor just broke and I was trying to get a replacement.
> It appears that nowadays it is extremely difficult to obtain CRT screens
> with high refresh rates [1] that are suitable for stereo representation. It
> seems as if fabrication of those models has stopped.

I understand a used one is your best chance.

> So I wonder what viable (and affordable if possible) stereo solutions do
> exist when one wants to go to resolutions of 1280x1024 or higher? Certainly
> manufacturers of stereo goggles like NuVision must worry about this evolution?
>
> I would be very interested to know what other people on this list use for
> stereo representations that work with software like VMD (eg OpenGL stereo).

Two DMD video projectors with orthogonal polarizing filters and matching
polarizing goggles for the audience should work. However 1280x1024 video
projectors are somewhat expensive still, and you will need a suitable
(so reflections doesn't ruin polarization) projection screen.

--
Eugen* Leitl leitl http://leitl.org