From: Marc Baaden (baaden_at_smplinux.de)
Date: Mon May 22 2006 - 04:33:17 CDT

Hi,
our stereo CRT monitor just broke and I was trying to get a replacement.
It appears that nowadays it is extremely difficult to obtain CRT screens
with high refresh rates [1] that are suitable for stereo representation. It
seems as if fabrication of those models has stopped.
So I wonder what viable (and affordable if possible) stereo solutions do
exist when one wants to go to resolutions of 1280x1024 or higher? Certainly
manufacturers of stereo goggles like NuVision must worry about this evolution?

I would be very interested to know what other people on this list use for
stereo representations that work with software like VMD (eg OpenGL stereo).

Thanks in advance,
  Marc Baaden

[1] high refresh rates as in 1280x1024_at_120 Hz or 1600x1200_at_111 Hz

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 mailto:baaden_at_smplinux.de      -      http://www.baaden.ibpc.fr