From: Axel Kohlmeyer (axel.kohlmeyer_at_theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de)
Date: Thu Apr 14 2005 - 08:45:00 CDT

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Adrian Koh wrote:

AK> Hi,
AK>
AK> Thank you very much for your replies. I've added the following lines in
AK> "vmd.rc" in order to change the default directory:
AK>
AK> # change default Home directory
AK> cd /Nanowire Simulations/

strings containing blanks have to be quoted in TCL
(and most script languages).

try: cd {/Nanowire Simulations/}
or: cd "/Nanowire Simulations/"

AK> and an error message appeared during startup saying:
AK>
AK> wrong # args: should be "cd ?dirName"?
AK>
AK> and the default directory remained as what it was previously. Where did
AK> I go wrong?

btw.: this is a TCL error message.

axel.

AK> Regards,
AK> Adrian.

[...]

Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer   e-mail: axel.kohlmeyer_at_theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Lehrstuhl fuer Theoretische Chemie          Phone: ++49 (0)234/32-26673
Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum - NC 03/53         Fax:   ++49 (0)234/32-14045
D-44780 Bochum  http://www.theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/~axel.kohlmeyer/