From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 13 2020 - 13:36:59 CDT

Hi,
  Apparently the TkCon rev we've been using has known bugs with Tcl/Tk 8.6,
which is the minimum required to support Catalina. I've been looking at
importing the latest rev of TkCon (and re-applying our VMD-specific patches)
to address this problem:
  https://github.com/wjoye/tkcon

Best,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/