From: Joao Ribeiro (jribeiro_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2019 - 09:35:59 CDT

Hi Ashma,

The qwikmd_* macros that you see in VMD were meant to be used by QwikMD as internal definitions of the molecule types.

Regarding your specific case, you can try to use exwithin instead of within. This keyword will exclude the molecules that you are defining as a reference, e.g., protein. For more sophisticated selections, you can include your primary selection between parenthesis, and then add “and not …”.

I hope this helps.

Best,

João