From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_umich.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2019 - 08:02:29 CDT

Changing the names should not change the structure... the most likely cause
(although I cannot tell for sure unless you post the relevant files) is
that you did not keep the columns of the pdb file properly aligned after
changing the names. The PDB format is fixed width, so if you add a few
characters to the name, you have to delete spaces to keep the coordinate
columns in their proper places.
Best,
Peter