From: Mayne, Christopher G (cmayne2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2019 - 22:03:55 CST

ffTK’s file writer for writing the Gaussian input files uses the element field to name the atoms; therefore, if the element field isn’t correctly set in the PDB, this is the error that you’ll see. The developers (JC and I) are aware of this bug and currently considering a fix. In the meantime, just make sure that however you’re generating the PDB sets the element correctly.

Regards,
Christopher Mayne