From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2019 - 23:24:40 CST

Hi,
  NVIDIA has just made the Linux drivers that are required for
VMD RTX hardware accelerated ray tracing publically available.

I intend to make a new test build of VMD available with RTX
support. Those people interested in testing it will need to
go download and install the NVIDIA 418.30 BETA video driver
from the NVIDIA web site. Without the new driver version,
RTX support will not work correctly, so this is the first
step in being able to use it with VMD. As soon as I have
the new RTX builds available I will write a followup email here.

Best regards,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/