From: Goedde, Chris (CGOEDDE_at_depaul.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2017 - 15:46:09 CDT

Hi all,

Is there documentation that specifies which columns in a pdb file are interpreted as the “segname” field by vmd? It seems to be columns 73-75 in the pdb files that I’ve seen, but I wanted to make sure that’s correct. (As far as I can see it’s not part of the official pdb spec at http://www.wwpdb.org/documentation/file-format-content/format33/v3.3.html.)

Sorry if this is answered in some obvious place, but I don’t see it in the molfile plugin documentation that I’ve looked at.

BTW, the link to the pdb format that’s in the first line of the documentation at

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/molfile/pdbplugin.html

gives a 404.

Thanks!

Chris Goedde