From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 04 2016 - 09:53:00 CDT

Hi,
  My recommendation for something like that is to create a new
molecule for the graphics objects and then toggle it fixed so
it no longer rotates. You can also rotate the structure-only
by applying the rotation to its atomic coordinates rather than
to the view, but I wouldn't recommend that approach.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/