From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 31 2011 - 16:55:56 CDT

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Thomas Bishop <bishop_at_latech.edu> wrote:
> Has anyone used TWO haptic devices w/ VMD/NAMD/IMD?

yes.

> Is this possible?

yes.

 2x novint falcon,
i also had two Wii controllers connected
through shawn brown's WiiMD interface.

there are two ways to do this.
you can configure VRPN for two devices
and then create two tools in VMD.

but you can also couple two VMD instances
on two different machines to the same simulation
(never tried with NAMD, but it works with LAMMPS).
most fun for two people, since you don't directly
see where the tool of the other one is attached to.

> Since day one I thought such a setup would give a better feel for things
> (pun intended).

not sure about that.

> In any case I'd like to hear about experiences w/ the Phantom Omni.

sorry no.

cheers,
   axel.

--