From: alarcon_at_lncc.br
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 11:07:02 CDT

Dear all

When exporting a pdb file (structure) in a STL file format, only the CA trace,
surface and ball-stick representation works fine. Unfortunately, my demand is
for a cartoon representation (helix as cylinders, strands as arrows, coils as
coils).
This representation always have several defects, mainly the not construction of
the cylinders and coils themselves (arrows have a lot of triangles with vertices
not common to neighbour triangles and other misplacements).
Is there some manner to fix that or other software to acomplish this ?
I was told that the newer version of VMD could fix that.

Thanks in advance

F. Alarcon
www.brgene.lncc.br