From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2007 - 12:51:55 CDT

On 8/11/07, gurpreet singh <gps.iitm_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello VMD users

hello gurpreet,

> I want to use STRIDE the helper program of vmd for predicting the
> secondary structure of my protein.
> I am using it for the first time so i need some documentation where i can
> read about the usage of stride.
> I searched in net but i did not find anything.

well, you should search a little bit harder. ;-)

for example look at the VMD documentation where it
has the copyright notices.
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node9.html#514
where you can find an URL to the stride webpage.

also, every time VMD calls stride, it prints out a banner page on the
console with the reference citation.

that should get you started.

cheers,
    axel.