From: karan uppal (karan2100_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2007 - 11:19:06 CDT

Hi,

I have a program in C++ which predicts the interaction amongst the protein
chains. Now, i want to use VMD to display the structure of the protein
(which i know) and color & draw the interacting and non-interacting
interfaces differently using the ouput of my C++ program.

I have two problems now:

1) What is the most efficient way to wrap my C++ code with VMD ? Shall i
wrap C++ with Python first and then create a plugin for VMD, or should i
create a plugin only using C++ ?

2) Are there any examples on how to do this ? I read the "VMD Plugin
Programmer's Guide" , but i was wondering if there are any other extensive
tutorials.

Thanks
-Karan

http://liveearth.msn.com