From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue May 08 2007 - 18:19:12 CDT

Hi Stephen,
my guess is you're running into pdb formatting issues. When you change
LIP to POPC, you need to make sure that you actually change "LIP " to
"POPC" -- you can't change the column position of subsequent fields,
because the pdb is a column based (not space delimited format). You're
probably getting incorrect coordinates as a result. Likewise, because of
the column-based nature, that isn't resname POPCL, but rather, resname
POPC, chain L. Please see the pdb file format specs
(http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/static.do?p=file_formats/pdb/index.html) for
more information.
Peter