From: Ran Friedman (r.friedman_at_bioc.unizh.ch)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2006 - 08:23:42 CDT

Dear VMD users/developers,

I've followed quite a few previous posts on IED on the list but none
seemed to work. I've tried to run IED on VMD 1.8.4. I have Numeric
Python version 24.2. When trying to run IED I get the following error:
vmd > gopython /usr/local/src/ied-2.02/ied.py
Info) Starting Python...
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Could not find Numeric Python version >= 22.0
ImportError: No module named numeric_version
Info) Text interpreter now Python
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "VMD", line 19, in ?
ImportError: No module named vmdnumpy
Info) Text interpreter now Tcl
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/local/lib/vmd/scripts/python/Tkinter.py", line 62, in ?
    from types import *
ImportError: No module named types

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ran

Ran Friedman
Postdoctoral Fellow
Computational Structural Biology Group (A. Caflisch)
Department of Biochemistry
University of Zurich
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland