From: Xifang Wang (xwang_at_sinost.com)
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 19:42:50 CST

Thanks, everyone, for the advice!
My system is a Dell Dimension DIM9100 with the P4 CPU @ 3.20 GHz that runs windows XP. The VMD startup info was attached below. If it is a graphic card/ driver issue, what do I need to replace to make it work?
Thanks again.
Xifang

Info) VMD for WIN32, version 1.8.3 (February 15, 2005)
Info) http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/
Info) Email questions and bug reports to vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Info) Please include this reference in published work using VMD:
Info) Humphrey, W., Dalke, A. and Schulten, K., `VMD - Visual
Info) Molecular Dynamics', J. Molec. Graphics 1996, 14.1, 33-38.
Info) -------------------------------------------------------------
Info) OpenGL renderer: RADEON X300 x86/SSE2
Info) Features: STENCIL MDE CVA PP PS GLSL(OVF)
Info) OpenGL shader linkage log:
Info) Link successful. The GLSL vertex shader will run in software - unsupp
orted language element used. The GLSL fragment shader will run in software - uns
upported language element used.
Info) OpenGL shader linkage log:
Info) Link successful. The GLSL vertex shader will run in software - unsupp
orted language element used. The GLSL fragment shader will run in hardware.
Info) Full GLSL rendering mode is available.
Info) Spaceball driver not installed. Spaceball interface disabled.
Info) No joysticks found. Joystick interface disabled.
Found 44 plugins or data handlers in directory
 'C:/Program Files/Science/VMD/plugins/WIN32/molfile'.
vmd >