From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_uhp-nancy.fr)
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 17:04:47 CST

Hi Vlad,

There is a pretty simple way of adding text to a series of pictures in an
automated way. I do it using the 'convert' command-line tool from ImageMagick
(a great package, by the way), called from a script.

For instance, you could use a command like :

convert -font Bookman-Light -fill white -stroke white -pointsize 30 -draw
'text 100,100 "this is a legend"' initial0000.ppm final0000.ppm

and loop over all the image files.

Hope it helps,
Jerome