From: Vlad Cojocaru (Vlad.Cojocaru_at_eml-r.villa-bosch.de)
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 13:08:44 CST

Thanks John for the ellaborate answer ...

It looks like its pretty complicated ...

I agree that using Photoshop or GIMP or other such tools is what one
should do (and what I did whenever I needed to) but I will tell you why
I was asking.. I am using Axel's script to draw the time bar during the
trajectory ... If I make a movie of the trajectory, the time bar would
appear without any labels if I render the images with Tachyon (which of
course gives much better quality than snapshot)... Obviously its not
feasible to edit each image used to create the movie ...

But since it seems a complicated procedure to implement text rendering
in Tachyon... its probably not worth the effort since it would be
usefull only for movies. For pictures one would anyway want to use
different fonts and other stuff ....

vlad

--
Dr. Vlad Cojocaru