From: Bogdan Costescu (Bogdan.Costescu_at_IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De)
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 14:37:56 CST

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, Vlad Cojocaru wrote:

> If I make a movie of the trajectory, the time bar would appear
> without any labels if I render the images with Tachyon (which of
> course gives much better quality than snapshot)... Obviously its not
> feasible to edit each image used to create the movie ...

For the purpose that you describe, I think that it is not so
complicated. You should certainly not hand-edit each image, but do it
with some scriptable tool. For example the ImageMagick set can add
text to an image or superimpose two images (one molecule image and one
label image) and can do the same operation to a set of files.

If the labels are supposed to stay fixed for the whole duration of the
movie, you could also use the Logo feature in VirtualDub
(http://www.virtualdub.org) to superimpose a premade image to each
movie frame - this supposes that from the individual images you
generate an AVI file, as VirtualDub doesn't deal with other movie
formats.

--
Bogdan Costescu
Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868