From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 13:08:51 CST

Hi,
  The VMD startup messages on your machine don't include any texturing
lines. This seems to indicate that (unless you just missed them when
pasting them into this mail) your video card has texturing disabled for
some reason. Can you check again, you're looking for lines like this:
  Info) Textures: 2-D (4096x4096), 3-D (512x512x512), Multitexture (4)

The critical item there is the max 3-D texture size:
   3-D (512x512x512)

If you don't have that line, then this would explain the problem you're
having. You may wish to double check that your video driver is up to date.