From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2024 - 16:58:07 CST

What you describe about your system suggests that it is not completely
repaired.
Only a local person can help you with that.

The situation of having the OpenGL window but not the main VMD window can
happen, when you have a .vmdrc file in your home directory but it does not
include the command "menu main on" or there is an error when processing the
file *before* it reaches the "menu main on" command.

Again, this is something local and usually self-inflicted.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey_at_gmail.com  https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://goo.gl/1wk0__;!!DZ3fjg!5sv3M1gVXAXOSSAZwv32qsl5pJtJYrdGJ31_VYXXtHFI7I67rE5l_KIpxGvavhvYpfBrV3b4j1C79sR4qA$
Institute for Computational Molecular Science and HPC, https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://icmshpc.com__;!!DZ3fjg!5sv3M1gVXAXOSSAZwv32qsl5pJtJYrdGJ31_VYXXtHFI7I67rE5l_KIpxGvavhvYpfBrV3b4j1CMJhFqZQ$