From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 16 2015 - 16:34:10 CDT

Hi,
  I'm assuming you're referring to export of VMD scenes to X3D, VRML2,
OBJ, etc? WebGL is only a low-level graphics interface for javascript,
not a scene file format, but VMD can export scenes that use X3DOM to
show X3D models using WebGL, if that's what you have in mind.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/