From: Mayne, Christopher G (cmayne2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 16 2015 - 09:58:51 CDT

This new tab allows you to input the MOL2 (or PDB) file that was submitted to the CGenFF Program (formerly known as ParamChem) and the stream file (STR). ffTK will parse the data and show the parameter information in the GUI. From there you can write out a PSF+PDB file pair and/or a parameter file (PAR) that can be used as a good starting point for parameterization.

* A note regarding a bug in the current parsing of CGenFF Program STR files: if the file uploaded to the CGenFF Program web server contains invalid atom names (i.e., duplicates), the atom names will be changed to unique value in the returned stream file. ffTK currently parses this incorrectly, so make sure that the uploaded files are valid! (I’m hoping to fix this soon).

Currently, the best way to handle impropers is to assign them by analogy and separate them into their own parameter file, which should be included as an “Associated Parameter File” during the optimizations.

Regards,
Christopher Mayne