From: Kooser, Ara S (askoose_at_sandia.gov)
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 10:37:32 CDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Kooser, Ara S
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 9:28 AM
To: 'shnek_at_tiscali.cz'
Subject: RE: vmd-l: file type specification question

Lubos,

   I have been dealing with a similar problem. There is a conversion program
that takes .car format and the other file generated with it and coverts them
to xyz coordinates. The file comes bundled with the md code LAMMPS. The
problem is that you have to write a script that pulls out the xyz
coordinates and then writes them to a .xyz the VMD can read. I will have to
read the license to see if I can send you the code.

Ara Kooser