From: Jerry Ebalunode (jebalunode_at_uh.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 11:19:08 CDT

Hi
 if you have imagemagick "convert" utility or any image file converting
program, you could create a high quality ps file of your structure by doing
the following.
1. render your in image in vmd using an internal or external ray tracer such
as tachyon or povray to get a high quality image.

2. Assuming the high quality image is in tga format and that you have image
magick installed on your unix box, you could covert you image to ps using the
command line below.
convert image.tga image.ps

Hope this helps.

 On Thursday 08 April 2004 02:55 pm, Ioana Cozmuta wrote:
> Hi vmd users,
>
> I need to be able to generate a high resolution "ps" file of a structure
> that I visualize with VMD. I've tried to take a "snapshot" but the
> resolution is not good enough and I do not know how to set it higher.
>
> Any ideas that would help me would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Ioana

Jerry Ebalunode
Graduate Research Assistant