From: T Luchko (tluchko_at_ualberta.ca)
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 14:57:43 CDT

If you do have imagemagick and use a ray tracer I would suggest
converting it to a jpeg with the command

convert -quality 100 inputfile output.jpg

Then use jpg2eps

http://www.tnt.uni-hannover.de/~purnhage/software/jpg2eps

to create the eps file. AFAIK, this produces the same quality as the
original image in a much smaller postscript file. There can be
problems with b&w images being properly displayed in ghostview. In
this case just add

-colorspace gray -colors 256

to the convert command.

Tyler

At 11:19 AM -0500 9/4/04, Jerry Ebalunode wrote:
>Hi
> if you have imagemagick "convert" utility or any image file converting
>program, you could create a high quality ps file of your structure by doing
>the following.
>1. render your in image in vmd using an internal or external ray tracer such
>as tachyon or povray to get a high quality image.
>
>2. Assuming the high quality image is in tga format and that you have image
>magick installed on your unix box, you could covert you image to ps using the
>command line below.
>convert image.tga image.ps
>
>Hope this helps.
>
> On Thursday 08 April 2004 02:55 pm, Ioana Cozmuta wrote:
>> Hi vmd users,
>>
>> I need to be able to generate a high resolution "ps" file of a structure
>> that I visualize with VMD. I've tried to take a "snapshot" but the
>> resolution is not good enough and I do not know how to set it higher.
>>
>> Any ideas that would help me would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Ioana
>
>--
>Cheers,
>
>Jerry Ebalunode
>Graduate Research Assistant
>RM 402F Houston Science Center
>Phone: 713-743-8367
>Dept. of Biology and Biochemistry
>University of Houston.
>4800 Calhoun Road
>Houston, TX 77204

(_    Tyler Luchko                                  Graduate Student    _)
  _)   Department of Physics                    University of Alberta   (_
(_    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada                                         _)
  _)   780-492-5519                               tluchko_at_ualberta.ca   (_