From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 06 2015 - 10:17:46 CDT

Hi,
  You didn't say where you obtained your "namdstats.tcl" script from, so
it is hard to guess what might be wrong with the version you have.
Google shows that there are several versions of this script floating around.
You may have an old one that has not been corrected for the most recent
vesions of NAMD. The current versions of NAMD no longer emit a field
named "TOTAL2", it now emits "POTENTIAL" instead. This breaks scripts
that are expect to read "TOTAL2" and don't have any fallback code if it's
not there. I assume that your namdstats.tcl script tries to read TOTAL2,
so you may want to try and replace "TOTAL2" in the script with "POTENTIAL"
and see if it cures your problem or not. If not, then you'll need tell us
where you got the script and/or who wrote it and we'll help them get it fixed.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/