From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 06 2015 - 10:24:36 CDT

Hi,
  If I understand your description correctly, you've run a GROMACS
simulation with an incorrect periodic unit cell, and you want to
correct the way it is displayed in VMD? The VMD atom selection commands
allow the periodic cell dimensions to be set to arbitrary values after
a trajectory is loaded, so in principle it is likely possible for you to
use the pbctools plugin to unwrap the trajectory and then rewrap with a
different unit cell size, but this seems somewhat problematic.
It would be helpful if you made a small JPEG image of what you see now
and explain what you're hoping to get ultimately.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/