From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2015 - 11:26:12 CST

Hi,
  The specs on this TV look fairly similar to the LG, so I would
expect that the row/column interleaved stereo modes supported by VMD
will work with the Sony TV like they do with the LG, but I have not
tested the Sony model personally. We have been using the LG TVs and
they seem to work very well. The LG models cost substantially less
than the particular Sony model you listed, at least according to Google.
One thing to consider with all of these TVs is what viewing distance
and angles you will use. Since they are TVs they perform best with
at least a one meter viewing distance when using the 3-D passive stereo,
which is logical since they are meant to be used as TVs. They work great
when viewed at larger distances. If you want to use them as desktop monitors
they work well for that too, but the 3-D stereo will drop off if you get
too close to the display due to the increasingly sharp angle that the light
from the display passes through as it goes through the polarizers on
the display and on the glasses. If you want to use a TV as a desktop monitor,
my suggestion is to make sure you can sit at least two to three feet away
(0.6 to 1.0 meters) from the display when viewing in 3-D stereo.