From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2014 - 09:58:53 CST

Albert,
  Regarding the next VMD release, I plan to begin making
beta releases of VMD 1.9.2 soon. We are testing new revs
of CUDA, Tcl, and a few other libraries that VMD depends on
and once we get through some of that we'll begin making
beta test releases, and then finally the official production
release of VMD 1.9.2.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/