From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2014 - 09:45:43 CST

Hi,
  I'm afraid that much more information would be needed in order
to help you. Does your DCD file have correct PBC unit cell dimensions
in it? It pays to double check all of that when you get an unexpected
result. Has the trajectory file been post-processed by any scripts
or other programs since it was generated?

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/