From: Albert (mailmd2011_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2013 - 04:43:59 CST

On 01/29/2013 11:08 AM, Axel Kohlmeyer wrote:
> i don't have a clue what the hell you are doing. it looks strange and
> not in keeping with the instructions.
> i have been building and installing VMD on all kinds of platforms now
> for over 10 years and never had any problems like that.
> there have to be some profound mistakes somewhere or some overlooked
> error messages. if you do it right it works.
>
> axel.

Don't be mad HMMM~~~~~ take it easy. Sometimes the text may lead to
confusion.

it is should be all right to put the vmd main build folder to somewhere
else. The error I mentioned is the same with the thread

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/14937.html

I didn't setup probably

TCLINC
TCLLIB

environment. So the psfgen and other modules are not compiled in the plugin directory.
now my VMD can start up without any compilations after I give the TCL environment.

I wish you still have a nice day.

best
Albert