From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2012 - 16:31:17 CDT

David,
  I've compiled a fresh text-mode test build of VMD 1.9.2a13 for you
and posted it on the BioCoRE VMD Public project BioFS area described here:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/alpha/

You'll find it in the 'alpha' subdirectory, named:
  vmd-1.9.2a13.bin.LINUXAMD64.text.tar.gz

Please give that a try on your cluster and let me know if you have
any trouble running it on your machines.