From: MW Van der Kamp, School of Chemistry (Marc.VanderKamp_at_bristol.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2008 - 03:03:27 CST

Dear VMD users,

I try to create a picture using tachyon.
First, I render a picture with VMD 1.8.6 for Windows. The BMP picture
generated there looks fine.
But then I try to get different pictures (including shading etc.) with
tachyon using the VMD generated "plot.dat" file on a linux cluster, where I
use tachyon_LINUXAMD64, version 0.98.
No matter which flags I use (also tried with/without -trans_vmd), the parts
of the structure displayed using NewCartoon show up completely black,
whereas the other parts show up fine.

Does anyone have an idea what can be going on and how to fix it?

Many thanks,
Marc

Marc van der Kamp, PhD-student
School of Chemistry, Research group of Dr. Adrian Mulholland
University of Bristol
E-mail: Marc.vanderKamp_at_bristol.ac.uk