From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 09:44:20 CST

Dear Stephane,
  I have tested VMD and found the same problem you describe
below with the use of the file browser. I have not fixed the
problem yet, but reproducing it is the first step. :-)
As a workaround for this problem, you can still type the name of the
molecule file into the input fields of the "load from files" form,
after browsing. I'm not sure if this is a bug in the Tk file browser
or in our code yet, but either way we'll try to get it nailed down before
1.7.1 goes out. For the Amber problem you mention, I believe there's
a minor difference between their restart file format and the regular
file format. Our reader is derived from example code provided on the
Amber web site, and it doesn't handle both varieties, only the regular
non-restart format. At this particular moment, I don't recall the exact
difference, but we've run into this problem before.

Thanks,