From: Stéphane (steletch_at_biomedicale.univ-paris5.fr)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 10:26:23 CST

Le Mardi 4 Décembre 2001 16:44, John Stone a écrit :
> Dear Stephane,
> I have tested VMD and found the same problem you describe
> below with the use of the file browser. I have not fixed the
> problem yet, but reproducing it is the first step. :-)
> As a workaround for this problem, you can still type the name of the
> molecule file into the input fields of the "load from files" form,
> after browsing. I'm not sure if this is a bug in the Tk file browser
> or in our code yet, but either way we'll try to get it nailed down before
> 1.7.1 goes out. For the Amber problem you mention, I believe there's
> a minor difference between their restart file format and the regular
> file format. Our reader is derived from example code provided on the
> Amber web site, and it doesn't handle both varieties, only the regular
> non-restart format. At this particular moment, I don't recall the exact
> difference, but we've run into this problem before.
>
> Thanks,
> John Stone
> vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu

Thanks for the replly.
For the tk problem or source problem, i got my `old` vmd-1.6.1 to work, and
everything is OK.
For the AMBER problem, it seem resolved now, but i don't know why, and how it
happened ...
But it is working :-))
So don't bother any more about the second part of my message !

Stephane