From: Stéphane (steletch_at_biomedicale.univ-paris5.fr)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 05:52:41 CST

Hi everyone !

As vmd run on linux, i installed it on my computer with the appropriate
nvidia card drivers.
So it works very fast, but i have encoutered two problems :
1 - with version 1.7, released the first of august, i cannot select a file
whose name doesn't have a point in it (ex : toto.top works but not toto)
I thought it was a tcl problem, so i switched back to the version 1.6.1 to in
a first time cope with it.
2 - with version 1.6.1, i can choose it, so it is very a problem of tcl.
But another problem is that when i load a molecule from amber, in rst format
(a crd and top format), the molecule is loaded, but not displayed.
The same problem appears with 1.7.1.

Thanks a lot for the help