From: Kim Branson (bra369_at_pp.molsci.csiro.au)
Date: Thu Nov 23 2000 - 21:45:20 CST

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply, i've just tried that binary with the following
results.

[kbranson_at_kropotkin LINUX]$ ./vmd_LINUX

Info) vmd for LINUX, version 1.6b1 (November 22, 2000)
Info) VMD WWW Page: http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/
Info) Please email all comments and bug reports to vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Info) The authors request that any published work which utilizes
Info) VMD please include the following reference:
Info) Humphrey, W., Dalke, A. and Schulten, K., `VMD - Visual
Info) Molecular Dynamics', J. Molec. Graphics 1996, 14.1, 33-38.
Info) -------------------------------------------------------------
./vmd_LINUX: error while loading shared libraries: ./vmd_LINUX: undefined
symbol
: gluNewQuadric

hmmmm is all i can say, i think the problem may be with nvidia's drivers.

The machine is a athlon 900, running rh7.0 xfree 4.0 with a nvidia geforce
II GTS, 32 meg card 9x AGP. the glibc has been patched to

                   Red Hat, Inc. Bug Fix Advisory

Synopsis: Update to official glibc 2.2
Advisory ID: RHBA-2000:079-07
Issue date: 2000-10-09
Updated on: 2000-11-21
Product: Red Hat Linux
Cross references: N/A

1. Topic:

This errata updates the GNU C library to the latest official release (2.2)
while fixing several bugs found in glibc 2.1.92-14 and glibc 2.1.94-3.

Not sure if this will help you out any, do you think it might be worth
compiling from source?

cheers

kim

Mr Kim Branson