From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2007 - 16:30:10 CST

Hi,
  There's a dynamic linking issue with the 64-bit IRIX versions of
VMD affecting plugins that use Tcl, the main example of which is psfgen,
and by extension the other structure building tools that call psfgen,
(e.g. solvate). The problem occurs with certain versions of the IRIX
MIPSPro compilers, and since we haven't had software support for our sole
remaining SGI for many years now, we're stuck using the compiler versions
we've got. The workaround for this problem is to use the 32-bit builds
of VMD when you run the structure building tools on your IRIX machine.
Alternately, you could compile VMD from source, if you have the newest
SGI compilers and really feel the need for doing the structure building
on big systems that won't fit in 4GB of memory.

Let us know if you need more help with this.

  John