From: Ran Friedman (r.friedman_at_bioc.unizh.ch)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2006 - 12:58:06 CST

Ran Friedman
Postdoctoral Fellow
Computational Structural Biology Group (A. Caflisch)
Department of Biochemistry
University of Zurich
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Tel. +41-44-6355593
Email: r.friedman_at_bioc.unizh.ch
Skype: ran.friedman

attached mail follows:

Hi,

(rfl:ran)~>vmd -dispdev text
Info) VMD for LINUX, version 1.8.5 (November 30, 2006)
Info) http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/
Info) Email questions and bug reports to vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Info) Please include this reference in published work using VMD:
Info) Humphrey, W., Dalke, A. and Schulten, K., `VMD - Visual
Info) Molecular Dynamics', J. Molec. Graphics 1996, 14.1, 33-38.

I compiled from source as I wasn't sure the binary version, compiled for
redhat, would do it.

I know that I should use the vmd script - I just wanted to check if
vmd_LINUX could be run, hoping that it would help to locate what I was
doing wrong.
I used ./configure MESA FLTK TK TCL

Thanks a lot for you assistance,
Ran.