From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2006 - 15:33:19 CST

Ran,
  Are you able to run 'glxinfo' and get output containing no errors or
warnings? If you've got your DISPLAY environment variable set correctly,
then I'm confused as to what would be causing your problem. Running
'glxinfo' will test that your X server's GLX implementation is working
correctly, as that's the next most likely caus of problems.