From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2006 - 14:55:07 CST

Hi,
  You can highlight residues using the sequence viewer plugin
by selecting them (click and drag in the sequence window).
You can also do this using the more sophisticated multiple
sequence alignment plugin (multiseq) and more highlighting
styles and coloring schemes are available. Beyond these,
if you know the range of residue IDs or residue numbers you
wish to highlight, you can selectively apply representations
and colors to the residues of your choosing with the text-based
atom selection language as well.