From: nunolf_at_ci.uc.pt
Date: Tue Oct 31 2006 - 13:01:24 CST

Hi *

I installed as john suggested the proprietary drivers for the ATI video card.
This time, vmd graphical mode runs, but vmd console still outputs some errors:

Info) VMD for LINUX, version 1.8.5 (August 25, 2006)
Info) http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/
Info) Email questions and bug reports to vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Info) Please include this reference in published work using VMD:
Info) Humphrey, W., Dalke, A. and Schulten, K., `VMD - Visual
Info) Molecular Dynamics', J. Molec. Graphics 1996, 14.1, 33-38.
Info) -------------------------------------------------------------
Info) Multithreading available, 2 CPUs detected.
Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
Info) OpenGL renderer: Mesa GLX Indirect
Info) Features: STENCIL MTX
Info) GLSL rendering mode is NOT available.
Info) Textures: 2-D (2048x2048), Multitexture (8)

The installation of ATI driver did not gave me any kind of errors.
Though VMD is able to run in graphical mode, its too slow.

Any help will be appreciated. I do not have much experience about configuring
this kind of X-server, video card things.
Best regards,
Nuno