From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2006 - 12:36:44 CDT

Hi,
  Yes, you can recompile your VASP plugins separately
from everything else. If you follow Sung Sakong's instructions
it should still build separately. It would be nice if you could
provide me with a copy of the files you've got that don't load
correctly so I can test them here as well, and update the plugins
if necessary. The only (intentional) changes I made to Sung Sakong's
plugins were small fixes to allow them to compile on all platforms.
If you could put a copy of files that exhibit the problem in
the VMD Public project on BioCoRE, it would be very helpful:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/alpha/

  John