From: Alexandr Isayev (alex_at_ccmsi.us)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2006 - 13:07:45 CDT

Dear Joanne,
     Karsten

You can alternatively try to use some rendering software (PovRay,
Tachyon, Raster3D... ) and create a sequence of pictures corresponding
to your movie. Later, this sequence can be easily converted to MPEG
movie. In addition, the quality of the resulting visualization usually
much better than from simple "snapshot" approach.

Hope this will work for you,
Alexandr

JH> Hi

JH> I have been trying to make a movie with my gromacs files, I
JH> follow the procedure, the vmd console reports that the movie
JH> generation is complete, it makes the mpg file, but its empty! Any ideas?

JH> Thanks
JH> Jo

JH> Joanne Hanna
JH> Department of Chemistry
JH> University of Warwick
JH> Coventry
JH> CV4 7AL

JH> (02476) 574623
JH> J.F.Hanna_at_warwick.ac.uk

Alexandr Isayev,
Graduate Research Assistant, and System Administrator
@ Computational Center for Molecular Structure
and Interactions (CCMSI),
Jackson State University,
Jackson, MS USA